Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Donuts and Doo-Dah



I found lots of reasons why this wasn't as much of an accomplishment as it could have been. But today, B pointed out that part of my pattern is not being able to see my accomplishments or feel proud of something I have done. And so today I want you to know that I am proud of you and that you are doing a good job. And sure- there will always be bigger and better challenges out there and there will always be more to do, but all you need to do in this very moment is take a step towards where you want to be. So it's okay that you discovered somewhat last minute that the Doo-Dah parade was actually on Sunday and not on Monday as you had originally thought. And after your initial reaction of oh well, it won't work now, you did offer up the possibility that you could enjoy your Sunday with donuts and the Doo-Dah parade and then do what you had planned for Sunday on Monday. And instead of thinking that was a cop-out, maybe it was just a solution to be able to celebrate the silliness of it and still feel good and productive at the end of it all.

No comments: