Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Day 1.


I never thought it would be so difficult to get closer to the person I want to be. But for many reasons over many years, I have created a safety zone that is so tightly confined that any little step out of that box (even if it is a step in the direction I want to be going) is anxiety provoking. But I am determined to start living outside of that box no matter how hard it is. Because, really, what is the point of continuing to live within it? Continuing to live days that are already defined before I have even woken up in the morning. And so when I came across this picture and quote, it was a much needed reminder that no, it isn’t going to be easy. And each day may be just as challenging and anxiety provoking as the day before, but that each day is a chance. Each day is day 1. A fresh slate waiting to be defined. A new day waiting to be lived. An opportunity to start all over again in a world without boxes and routines and plans and schedules.

What are you going to do today?

No comments: