Thursday, September 09, 2004

Re-awakening.

I am heading to Italy for two weeks on Tuesday. It is so surreal that this trip is finally here- my family has been planning it for the past year- so it almost felt like it would never actually come to fruition. But low and behold, the reality has set in as I now realize how much packing and preparing I have to do! I have no idea what to expect from this trip. I will be traveling with 10 other members of my mother's side of my family. Until now, I have only traveled with my immediate family of 4 and many times even that was unbearable! :) I keep telling myself that the beauty of it all is that this is truly a once in a lifetime experience to be traveling with my relatives to meet extended family living in Sicily. How amazing to be able to explore my heritage through the living and through the country and culture itself. I do think it is the perfect time for me to take a trip to a new and exciting place where all of my senses can be re-awakened.

No comments: