Friday, September 03, 2004

Almost there.

Hooray! I am heading out of town for the weekend. I am so excited to be in a new place and completely break my current routine. I am looking forward to long luxurious mornings of sleeping in and room service, time at the beach, and exploring new restaurants and shops and inspiration...hopefully just 3 full days of feeling truly alive. Which, of course, makes the last few hours of work before I am free seem longer and more tedious than normal. Then again it has been feeling long and tedious as of late anyways. I think it may be time to re-assess. I am taking a two week vacation to Italy from September 14 through the 28th and think it will be the perfect opportunity to really look at where I am in my life and where I want to go. Sure- my job is convenient and affords me the time and money to train for all of my athletic events, but if it is a daily drain and I don't feel any passion for it, then maybe it is no longer worth the convenience. I think convenience breeds comfort. And although comfort feels good and easy, maybe it's time to shake things up with a little unpredictability.

No comments: