Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Take a risk.

It has been more than a month since my last post. After the first couple of days, I was certain I would find a time to catch up on everything that was happening. After a week- catch up felt daunting. And after a month, it feels nearly impossible. So many important things have happened that I am worried I won't do it all justice by rambling through it all. So- one thing at a time, one post at a time. Here goes…

On July 7th, I received an e-mail from Andrea Scher:

“I was just thinking that at some point I wanted to mention you and your courageousness in coming to me for a portrait session. I was inspired by your story and our day and thought others might be too.

I could write a little piece and have you approve it.
What do you think?”


While flattered, I also feared how this piece would be received. Putting my image and words out there on a well-visited site with comments open was terrifying. But in a continuing effort to be brave, I let go. And I was rewarded with a community embracing me in their words with a comfort I had never known.

You can see the posting and the comments here:

www.superherodesigns.com/journal/archives/000651.html

Sometimes I become so detached from the bigger picture that I forget that other people are out there to help and to encourage and to make us all feel alive. I get wrapped up in my immediate world and forget that there is more out there. More to experience and more to do. There is a reason to take risks…because there really may be a great reward on the other side just waiting for you to arrive.

No comments: