Monday, June 20, 2005

In loving memory...

The frailty of it all astounds me. My grandfather died about a week ago. I marvel at all of the things he did in his lifetime. Everything he experienced. And in an instant the flame was extinguished. That's how easy it is for everything to go away. This realization can either spring you into action to take advantage of every moment you have left. Or it can paralyze you with fear thinking that no matter what you do, in the end it all goes away anyways….so what's the point? The point it seems is to be fully present in every moment to make the conscious decisions about each thing you do. While you may not enjoy everything you do- it all has a purpose. And if you find that it has no purpose, then get rid of it. Ultimately everything should be moving toward fruition in some way. And so I mourn the loss of the best whistler I have ever known. He was a man of few words, but many notes. Notes that will forever live on in my heart. I love you Grampy and thank you for all of the candy, sick pay, quarters and love with which you spoiled me.

No comments: